You will find the 20 quiz questions first, and their answers underneath.
Why not challenge your friends and family with these questions once you have answered them yourself?
We Connect Quiz One - Questions
1. In what year was Valletta recognised as a UNESCO world heritage site?
2. What is the name of the nymph rumoured to have lived in the cave overlooking Ramla Bay in Gozo, who featured in Homer’s ‘The Odyssey’?
3. How many years old is the beer Cisk?
4. Which of these places doesn’t have a cocktail named after it? Is it A – London, B – Moscow, C – Singapore or D – Alabama? Can you name the three cocktails too?
5. What city is known as the Eternal City?
6. The Giants, The Rangers and The Yankees are sporting teams based in which city?
7. What is Africa’s largest country by area? Is it A – Algeria, B – the Democratic Republic of Congo, or C – South Africa?
8. What is the world’s most southerly capital city?
9. In 1993, Ayers Rock in Australia also became known by its Aboriginal name, what is that name?
10. Which two cities did the original Orient Express travel between?
11. In what year were the first Euro notes and coins introduced?
12. Which band holds the title of having the most number one singles ever worldwide?
13. The singer Reginald Kenneth Dwight is better known by what name?
14. The first successful vaccine was introduced by Edward Jenner in 1796. Which disease did it guard against?
15. What do we call the period after the fall of the Roman Empire?
16. According to a 2019 study, what is the most common ingredient found on Michelin starred menus?
17. Name the brothers who made the first successful flight in history of a self propelled aircraft?
18. What is the collective noun for a group of camels?
19. Of which book is this the opening line, and who is the author? "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of good fortune must be in want of a wife”.
20. Which animal has fingerprints that are indistinguishable from human ones?
We Connect Quiz One - Answers
4. A - London. The cocktails are called Moscow Mule, Singapore Sling and Alabama Slammer.
6. New York
7. A - Algeria, which is 2,381,741 square km.
8. Wellington, New Zealand
10. Paris and Istanbul
12. The Beatles
13. Elton John
15. The Dark Ages
17. The Wright brothers
18. A caravan
19. "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen
20. A koala